Posted on 01/16/2013
You put careful time and consideration into taking care of your fleet – ensuring timely vehicle maintenance, monitoring fuel spending, making sure everything is running as efficiently as possible. But what about your employees? Like a finely tuned engine, a healthy employee works more efficiently.
For many employees, spending long hours in a vehicle or behind a desk is a task that’s hard to escape. But did you know that sitting more than six hours per day makes you 40% more likely to die within 15 years than someone who sits less than three hours, according to this infographic?
Your employees are your most important asset, and it’s your responsibility to take care of them. Implementing an employee wellness program can:
- Help your employees live longer
- Reduce healthcare/insurance costs
- Promote safe drivers through healthy drivers (fatigue, alertness, etc.)
- Have a positive impact on employee recruitment and retention
- Reduce employee absenteeism by reducing rates of illness and injury
Check out this article from HNi for ideas on implementing a driver-specific wellness program.