All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Auditing Your Field Service Operations
Posted on 11/13/2013 by Ashley Jones | 0 Comments
In the eBook, “42 Rules for Superior Field Service,” rule number 21 – To Get Where You are Going, You Need a Roadmap – offers valuable tips on identifying the current state of your field operations. First off, assess the following items:
- Describe a typical day in the life of your service organization, including management, training, dispatch, call center and field personnel
- What is the organizational structure?
- What service products do you offer?
- What are your profit margins and customer satisfaction ratings?
- What are your operational key performance indicators (KPIs)?
- What underlying systems are used to support field service?
- How is your field service organization aligned with your company’s business strategy?
Once you have established a baseline for your operations, you can set benchmarks for improvement and GPS fleet tracking technology can help. You can’t manage what you don’t measure. Telematics gives you insight into your field service operations through robust reporting features that enable you to improve company goals and outshine the competition.