All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Finding the Right GPS Fleet Management for Your Business
Posted on 03/08/2013 by AKilgore | 0 Comments
With the amount of fleet tracking solutions available, finding one that is right for your business can be difficult. Not all businesses are the same, right? Right. A business with a small fleet is going to have different needs than that of a business with a medium-sized fleet. And the same can be said about a business with a medium sized fleet versus a business with a large fleet.
So, how do you know which solution—out of the ever-growing number that is out there—is right for your business? Well, for starters, it’s important to look at the company and the types of characteristics it has.
To give you an idea about the types of characteristics a GPS fleet tracking provider should have, we have compiled a list of the top 5:
1. Longevity—Here today, gone tomorrow. You want a fleet tracking provider that’s not only financially stable, but has a proven track record of at least 10 years.
2. Reliability—System uptime should be in the 99.999% range. While unexpected outages are not unheard of, they shouldn’t be tolerated.
3. Innovation—Your GPS fleet tracking provider should have industry-leading technology—after all, they are a technology company. They should also have a proven track record of industry firsts as well as an aggressive software development roadmap. All upgrades should be applied automatically and should be free. Who doesn’t like free?
4. Superior Customer Service—Customer service associates should be knowledgeable, professional and should respond quickly to customer requests. Not only that, they should be available nights and weekends.
5. Satisfied Customers—Customers should realize ROI in as little as a month and cite up to a 20% decrease in fuel costs and a 35% increase in driver productivity. The customer referral rate should be around 95%. To show proof of their reliability, the company should have case studies and customer testimonials.