All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Getting Buy-in for a GPS Fleet Tracking Solution
Posted on 10/30/2013 by Ashley Jones | 0 Comments
So, you have decided implementing a telematics solution would be good for your business and you are well-versed on all the benefits a fleet tracking solution can provide. Now, how do you get a solution implemented? Here are five tips to help you get buy-in from your management team, office employees and drivers:
- Make sure to have all decision makers involved in the process. Employees that will use the solution need to see the parts of the application they will be using. For example, your dispatcher is interested in how easily he/she can schedule, dispatch and route jobs.
- Do your research. Present ROI metrics to ensure all stakeholders see the value of a fleet tracking solution.
- Present success stories and real life use cases to show how companies similar to yours are benefiting from a fleet management solution. Whether its industry, fleet size or similar business objectives, be prepared to back up your ROI metrics.
- Establish a project plan on device installation for your vehicles. No interruption to regular business hours and fleet productivity goes a long way in ensuring success.
- Talk to your drivers. Explain that implementing the solution is to help the company and them. Your drivers are your most important assets. Talk to them about how a fleet tracking solution can keep them safe, productive and get them home on time.