All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Is Your Vehicle Road Trip Ready?
Posted on 05/24/2013 by AKilgore | 0 Comments
Today marks the start of the Memorial Day weekend and you know what that means—food, fun and sun! But if your plans this holiday weekend include more than just a backyard barbecue then brace yourself for some traffic, and more importantly, make sure your vehicle is road trip ready.
Here are a few things you should check in your vehicle before you hit the road:
1. Tire pressure: Low pressure can cause extra heat buildup which can cause blowouts. Make sure to also check the spare tire pressure. You don’t want to turn a bad time into a worse one.
2. Oil level: Almost time to get the oil changed? Make sure you do it before you leave as a long trip can put added stress on the motor.
3. Air filter: The greater supply of clean air to your engine, the better it performs—besides who wants to smell that dirty filter every time your crank the A/C?
4. Wiper blades: No one likes driving through a pop-up thunderstorm with old and cracked wiper blades. After all, you do need to be able to see where you are going and what’s in front of you.
5. Lights and signals: Make sure your headlights, turn signals and brake lights work. Getting pulled over for having non-working lights will surely put a damper on your vacation!
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!