All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
It’s National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
Posted on 09/16/2013 by Adrienne Sallerson | 0 Comments
During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, America honors its three million professional truck drivers for their commitment to delivering our nation’s goods safely and securely each day. Truck drivers have one of the most demanding and important jobs in the country, but their efforts often go unnoticed.
When you think about it, trucks deliver everything from the clothes we wear to the food we eat, and everything in between. So, let’s take a moment to recognize and celebrate all the truck drivers out there for the hard work they do while keeping our roadways safe.
Did you know?
- Nearly 70% of all freight tonnage moved in the U.S. goes on trucks
- Truck drivers move 9.2 billion tons of freight annually
- There are 2.8 million tractor-trailers on the road in the U.S.
- There are more than 3 million truck drivers in the U.S.
- It takes over 37 billion gallons of diesel fuel to move the freight
Visit http://www.trucking.org/Appreciation_Week.aspx for more information.