All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Safety—Do You Know the Facts?
Posted on 07/26/2013 by AKilgore | 0 Comments
DId you know that:
• 17.9% of accidents occur on Monday? Perhaps a case of the Mondays?
• The top type of accident, at 12% of incidents, is damage to a fleet vehicle by another vehicle while parked.
• Service fleet drivers experience the highest percentage of accidents between the hours of 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
• 2.3% of drivers weren’t wearing a seat belt during an incident.
• 1.6% of drivers used a cell phone during an incident.
In a recent issue of Automotive Fleet, the magazine covered a statistical overview of the fleet industry. Among the 26 pages of data, the statistics surrounding driver safety stood out the most. With driver safety becoming a bigger issue, it’s important for businesses that have a fleet of vehicles to take a proactive approach to fleet safety. While addressing driver safety issues may not be the easiest task, there is a solution that can help: a driver safety solution. A complete driver safety solution includes:
Don’t let your drivers be among the statistics mentioned above. It’s time to take fleet safety seriously.