All things fleet tracking – industry news and best practices
Take the Guesswork Out of Driver Safety
Posted on 04/10/2013 by AKilgore | 0 Comments
Did you know?
• A driver distracted by his cell phone is 23x more likely to get in an accident
• In 2010 alone, distracted driving accidents killed more than 3,000 people and injured more than 416,000
• Over 90% of all motor vehicle crashes are caused by human error and neglect
• Aggressive driving actions were reported in 56% of fatal crashes from 2003 to 2007, with excessive speeding being the number one factor
• The probability of death, disfigurement or debilitating injury doubles for every 10 mph over 50 mph that a vehicle travels
• The potential company fine for violating FMCSA regulations can be as much as $11,000
Released to customers this week, the new Driver Safety Scorecard Report provides a graphic ranking of best and worst drivers, allowing business owners and fleet managers to identify aggressive drivers and take proactive actions to teach drivers to be safer behind the wheel. Ultimately, by eliminating aggressive driving from their fleet, businesses can cut down on fuel costs and vehicle wear-and-tear, as well as insurance and potential collision expenses.
Safety starts with NexTraq®. For more information on driver safety, please check out our white paper, “Improving Driver Safety with GPS Fleet Tracking Technology.”
*Information from NHTSA, NETS and FMCSA.